So I thought I would do a review on these lippies I stumbled upon recently by Flower Cosmetics.
This line of makeup is by Drew Berrymore and a few of the products are now available in Walmart, Canada.
Lip suede velvet lip chubby – The website claims the following:
- Weightless lip color with a silky, satin-matte finish
- Lips are instantly smoothed with a Papaya and Orchid Hydrating Complex
- Intense color payoff with a velvet finish in a self-sharpening Chubby!
- No Fragrance, Talc, D5, or Parabens
Overall: The description provided by the company (quoted above) holds true.
- These are very nicely pigmented, smooth, moisturizing and semi-matte
- They feel extremely lightweight on your lips. Their staying power is a few hours, which is nice. Some of the darker colours leave a nice stain as well
- They also remove easily with a makeup wipe so no trauma to the lips when removing the colours
- I tried to photograph them from different angles and light. They look slightly richer and deeper in person compared to the pictured swatches below
Berry-more is my current Favourite and is the one I am wearing on my lips in the picture above. It is a nice deep berry colour for the holidays but also very wearable during the daytime.
Life’s a Peach is a very pretty peachy nude but is quite drying and a bit chalky. It also highlights all the cracks and dryness on your lips – It is better suited for light skin tones and works alright when applied over a lip balm. Great shade for spring/summer.
Mauve over comes out as a nice mauve nude on my lips and is also perfect for everyday wear especially in the fall and winter time.
Red-dy to Bloom is a beautiful, eye-catching red. I had trouble getting this shade right in the pictures because it looks orange toned but in person it is actually a much cooler red. Perfect for the holidays or for night time wear.
Coral Floral is a great summery, understated and wearable orange. Gorgeous for the spring and summer time.
Verdict: I would definitely recommend trying out a couple of these, especially because they are under eight bucks each and provide an awesome colour pay off!
Hope you guys found this useful.